k, first off business wise: i do not have any favorite dishcloth/washcloth patterns but prefer the ones to be about 7 inches (or so). I am pretty mellow!
now for the q's! (sorry, mom and i have been out today and had so much fun! i just assembled the 5 pairs of earrings i created at the bead shop and am relaxing with a tom collins, thanks goodness tomorrow is my sunday and sadly she flies out tomorrow night, boo hoo!)
1. Do you Knit or Crochet? For how long? Knit, for just over 2 years now. Am addicted and love all aspects from dying to spinning as well! I cannot crochet to save my life!
2. Do you enjoy using metal, wooden, or some other kind of needle\hook? I prefer wooden but then have only tried one addi needle, liked it just beyond my funding to complete a set. love the harmonies!
3. What are your favorite types of yarn? Any you just can't stand? i love trying new yarns, more the indie style and made from odd or differnet fibers. Do not care for eyelash or un natural fibers.
4. When it comes to cotton, are there any brands you'd love to try and haven't? cannot think of any off the top of my head, the lesser known than what you'd find at joannes.
5. When you make Dishcloths, do you use them yourself, or tend to give them as gifts? we use them daily in the home. as washcloths though, only ones we own!
6. Do you have a favorite color? Any that you dislike? not huge on neons, love greens, blues purples and earthy ones best!
7. What color(s) (if any!) are your kitchen and bath decorated in? daughters bath is kind of green where as ours is an ice blue.
8. What are your favorite scents around the house? not into florals, more fruity and vanilla type.
9. What is your very favorite thing about summer? warmth and things growing! love to be outside and having lived for over a dozen years in hawaii then moving to northern washington miss it some.
10. What is your least favorite thing about summer? when it ends and humidity.
11. Do you use soap or body wash in the shower?soap, love handmade natural soaps.
12. What scents do you enjoy in the bath? again, fruity or light tropical florals.
13. What is your favorite dishcloth pattern? i do not have any one fav pattern, truly.
14. What sort of treats do you enjoy? Sweet or Salty?both, (lol, depending on the time of the month) i do not eat much in the way of sugar or white flour, love dark choc and nuts though! i'm a granols girl.
15. Imagine today is one of the hottest days of the year - what do you do to keep cool? Or are you one of those folks who loves the hot weather? i would be in the woods hiking in the cool cover of the forst canopy than camping out. or out on a boat!
16. What sorts of hobbies do you enjoy besides knitting or crocheting? photography, dying, spinning, scrapbooking, hiking, backpacking,kayacking, scuba, reading, cooking gardening, crafting
17. Do you collect anything (besides yarn!)sea turtles, mermaids, dragonflies
18. Are you on Ravelry? If so, share your ID! i am turtlemoon
19. Do you have any allergies?just bees, but i am sensitive to strong florals.
20. Do you have any pets? one poor old girl, golden retriever and a stray stalker kitty who adopted us a year ago.(calico)