Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Like I needed another hobby! (and a pimp)




Yup, I had fun exploring the antique shops in town. I have fallen in love with old milk glass, love the polka dot ones. Some lil tea lights inside at night have a soft warm, fresh clean glow... even hubby commented on them. I also love old linens. Found this wonderful irish linen tablecloth (for a whole $4) and promptly took it home and embroidered shamrocks in each corner, we are a murphy household after all!

PIMP

http://toknitandwrite.blogspot.com/2009/04/contest.html check it out, her 200th post

5 comments:

Laura said...

The bumpy one looks a lot like some of the glassware that my husband's grandmother collects and which we will eventually inherit. Visiting her home is like walking into a museum!

loopykd said...

I love those glass items. I bet they do look very lovely with a candle. You have to admit, if the men are noticing, it's really something.

JessaLu said...

Love the milk glass! I have a white chicken that holds some of my sewing stuff.

rita said...

I collected milk glass when I was in my teens. Still have a few pieces.

kathy b said...

Oh the milk glass is addictive. I love your finds.