Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wednesdays hot cocoa Question...


The Question?:

Now that we're in the thick of 'Winter'... has your knitting changed to match the season? Are you moving on from dishcloths, and tank tops to afghans, hats and mittens? Has your yarn changed from silk or cotton to wool, superwash or heavier cottons?

No, I find that my knitting makes no sense really. I have a thick vest just finished from "fitted knits" and dishcloths going. A lace shawl is in the planning, fingerless gloves and socks...all different weights and makes of yarn...see, no logic! Lol, i just knit what inspires me in the moment! *smile*

3 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

I usually don't pay that much attention to the seasons if I take a notion to knit something I will, even if it means having half of a wool blanket in my lap in the hot Oklahoma summer. I should plan better, I guess.

Thanks for visiting my blog and helping with my little Pay It Forward project. I will draw the names this weekend.

kitty kitty said...

Thanks for stopping by knitbuddies and leaving your words of encouragement. Blogger strikes again and I couldn't find your email. So I just wanted to stop by and say hi and thank you. :)

My knitting definitely changes due to the weather. I can not stand knitting heavy wool in the summer months and I find myself knitting a lot more shawls in the winter since I seldom wear a coat. Though every fall I always have great plans to get ahead and knit lots of sweaters, but I never seem to start until Jan which is really too late.

Unknown said...

Hmmm... I always like knitting with wool or wool blends, no matter the time of year. I definitely knit smaller projects in the summer so as not to have a lap full of wool!